This section explain some common problems and how to solve it!
Installation and compilation problems¶
- If you want to change default GCC compiler to version 5, open a terminal and run:
export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-5 export CXX=/usr/bin/g++-5
then you can compile using GCC 5.
- When I close a node that uses gazebo, it takes too long before it closes.
Answer: You can close manually the process, run in a command window:
sudo killall gzserver gzclient
- How can I visualize the GPIO state of my raspberry PI 2 remotely?
Answer: You can use pigpio scope [http://abyz.co.uk/rpi/pigpio/piscope.html], install piscope in your PC and then run the following command in a terminal.
export PIGPIO_ADDR=IP_OF_RASPBERRY piscope
- I get error: initInitialise: bind to port 8888 failed (Address already in use)
Answer: This is caused by PIGPIO’s daemon, you can stop all ros process, and kill its process using
sudo killall -9 pigpiod sudo rm /var/run/pigpio.pid
then wait some seconds before it is closed by ubuntu. After thath, you should be able to execute normally.
- How can I monitor the performance of my Raspberry PI 2 or ODROID:
Answer: you can monitor remotely in real-time the RAM and CPU consumption using SSH, open two different terminal windows and run:
watch -n 5 free -m htop
- How can I change router configuration?
Answer: You can connect to router, and open a web browser. Type http://tplinklogin.net, credentials are: user admin and password admin.
You can, for instance, change static IP address assigned to RPI2, ODROID or PC (DHCP/Address Reservation). As well as checking if all devices are properly connected (DHCP/DHCP Client List)